CHANA MASALA // KRYDDET KIKERTER
- Recipe Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Cook Time: 01 Hour
- Difficulty Level: Medium
Chana masala, chole masala, channay, chholay – so many names for such a simple dish, one that Rick Stein claims is probably “the most popular vegetarian curry in India”, and with good reason.
- Chana masala
- Red onion
- Baking soda
- 800 ml water
1. Soak 200g Chick Peas overnight with extra water. Strain. OR use a tinned chick peas box.
2. In a large pan heat 50g cooking oil. Fry 120g chopped red onions till golden brown.
3. Add two chopped tomatoes (120g) and stir.
4. Add 20g Chana Masala, 1 tspn. salt, and Chick Peas.
5. Stir for 5 minutes then add 800 ml fresh water. Mix ½ tspn. baking soda.
6. Bring to boil & cover. Simmer for 40 min on low heat.
7. Alternately pressure cook for 20 min. with 400 ml water & ½ tspn. baking soda.
Read cooking instructions on Chick Peas packet also.