QUICK AND EASY VEGETABLES
- Recipe Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Difficulty Level: Medium
In the mood for some veggies? Quick and Easy Vegetables is just the recipe to try!
- Red chilli flakes
- Mustard seeds
- Turmeric powder
- Cumin seeds
- Nigella seeds
- Fennel seeds
- Fenugreek leaves
- Curry leaves
- Tamarind pulp
- Small cauliflower
- Medium size carrots
- Mincer garlic paste
- Minced ginger paste
- Fresh tomato
- Red pepper
- Coconut oil
- Grated jaggery
- Small bunch of coriander
- Himalayan pink rock salt to taste
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, then add 1 tsp of asafoetida.
- Add the cauliflower and carrots, boiling for 2 minutes.
- Strain the cauliflower and carrots and run them under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the coconut oil on a medium heat. Add 1/2 tsp of asafoetida, the key spices and the warming spices. Stir and allow to warm through for about 1 minute.
- Add the ginger and garlic, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato wedges, jaggery and salt to taste, and cook until the oil starts to separate from the contents of the pan.
- Add the cauliflower and carrots, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on a medium heat. Sprinkle a little water on, so that the spices don’t burn.
- Turn the heat on high and add the mange tout, red peppers and tamarind pulp. Stir well and cook for 1 minute.
- Switch off the heat, place the lid on the pan and leave for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander. Serve with fresh chapattis.