ROASTED KALA CHANA
- Recipe Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30-35 Minutes
- Total Cook Time: 30-35 Minutes
- Difficulty Level: Medium
Roasted kala chana is one of a very popular snack.
If you like this and want to try more exciting recipes then buy “Authentic Indian Food” by Anjula Devi.
- Cumin seeds
- Mustard seeds
- Fennel seeds
- Fenugreek seeds
- Nigella seeds
- Mango powder
- Brown chickpeas
- Sunflower oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F, 200 C or gas mark 6.
- Rinse the TRS kala chana with water, lay them out on a clean tea towel and wipe gently to remove any excess water.
- Take a baking tray, and lay out the peas evenly.
- Take a bowl and mix all the spices in with the groundnut oil. Add this spice mix to the TRS chickpeas, using a spatula or your hands to coat the peas.
- Place the kala chana in the pre heated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the peas are nice and crunchy.